Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Halloween tree

This is a Halloween tree made from a coffee can. I used a large coffee can(the cardboard type) painted the entire can in 2 coats of Burnt Orange, and allowed to dry. I then painted the scene and sprayed with 2 coats of matte finish sealer. For the tree I used a real tree branch and spray painted it black. Once everything was dry I mixed up some plaster a paris and poured it in the can. I filled it about 1/2 way with the plaster a paris. I then stuck the branch in the can and carefully leaned it up against something sturdy and allowed it to dry overnight. Once dry I added some spanish moss to the inside of the can and there you have a cute Halloween tree to hang your ornaments. I have made these up to about 4-5 feet tall.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment