Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cinnamon ginger boy cutouts

How to make mini cinnamon, applesauce, ginger boy cutouts

My friend asked me a while back why I don't make those good smelling little ginger boy cutouts anymore.  My reply was you know I don't know.    I have not made them in years.  Not sure why cause they smell sooooooooo good, and they are really cute.  So, I decided to dig out my recipe and get some made.  They look good in a bowl filled with potpourri. Cute and festive. 


Here's what you will need:
A small ginger boy cutout
Measuring cup and measuring spoons
A bowl to mix it in
Spoon to mix it up
3/4 cup of applesauce
1 cup of cinnamon-2/$1.00 at dollar store-oh ya! You will need some extra to sprinkle on your rolling surface
2 tablespoons of white glue-any white glue will work
Ground cloves-a few sprinkles to your liking
Ground nutmeg-a few sprinkles to your liking.
Rolling pin
Wax paper
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix until a dough forms. If your dough seems a bit dry just add a little more applesauce.  Lay out your wax paper and use it for a rolling surface.  Sprinkle the wax paper with a little of all three spices.  Roll and cut.  Allow to dry for several days.  I flip them every day until they are completely dry.  They will get fairly hard when completely dry.  Lay them out to dry onto a piece of wax paper, and whatever you do....don't leave your cookie cutter in the garbage disposal.  This is what happens when you do.  I think I have had this cutter for 20 years.  Dang! now I have to go find a new one.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment