Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Resurface a rusted cast iron pan

 

STOVE AND GRILL POLISH
Ever run across that perfect vintage cast iron piece you just gotta have. You want  to paint it, but it is so covered in rust you are having second thoughts.  Here is the magic solution.  It's called STOVE & GRILL POLISH-BLACK LIQUID.  I purchased this at Ace Hardware.  Thanks to my buddy Jack, he knows a little about everything.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he leaves.  I was lucky enough to get 4 cast iron campfire pots, but they were really rusted.  So, here's how it works.  Using a med to course grade steel wool I cleaned it up and washed it out with soap and water.  Allow it to dry completely and using a sponge begin applying the STOVE AND GRILL POLISH.  It protects and covers the rust like magic. This is amazing stuff! (See photos of before and after below).  You of course, can not cook with it after using this stuff or put food in it unless you line it with something that allows you to do so.  It is solely for decorative purposes.  I made a cloth lining for the Halloween campfire pot below so that it could be filled with candy.





BEFORE




AFTER

   


SNEAK PEEK OF FINISHED POT

  

No comments:

Post a Comment